All you need to know about the 'Early Access' release...
Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:27 AM
Q: What does 'early access' mean?
A: We believe in a release early and often philosophy. We want this game to be shaped by its players, and even though we do not consider the game finished by any means, it is far enough along to get into the hands of those most eager to play.
Q: What is in 'early access'?
A: In the initial early access release, you can expect the following:
• Intense 32+ player online action with a focus on teamwork.
• Gain supply and customize the game’s arsenal to your play style.
• Choose from three unique classes that affect your movement on the battlefield.
• Highly immersive audio with 3D VOIP to coordinate with and track other players.
• Play the most popular maps and game modes, and help us prototype new ones.
Q: What are your plans for later?
We have a lot in store for later:
• New multiplayer and cooperative game modes.
• New weapon and equipment items such as machine guns, anti-personnel mines and additional weapon upgrade options.
• New maps including remakes of originals from the mod.
• Fully Steam-integrated achievements and statistics with items page in the Main Menu to access persistent unlocks.
• Additional immersion features and gameplay enhancements based on community feedback.
• Linux dedicated server and eventually client support.
• Insurgency SDK to create custom maps and content.
Q: Will I have to pay extra to get these when they come out?
A: Nope! You pay this one time and you will receive all updates to the game as they are released, including the official release on Steam and any future DLC released.
Q: How do I pay?
A: On March 1st you you will be able to purchase early access through our website. We are accepting credit card and Paypal. Once you get a CD key from us you must activate it using Steam.
Q: So Steam is required to play?
A: Yes. Steam is what is used for key activation, downloading the game and playing it.
Q: Can I buy the game on Steam instead of on your website?
A: Not until our official Steam release, which is slated for later in the year.
Q: On what platforms can the game be played?
A: We are supporting PC and Mac OS X. We also have plans to eventually support Linux.
Q: Why is Insurgency not free-to-play?
A: The cost of $20 is to continue funding development of the game. Most development studios in our position would find a publisher, but it is our preference to remain independent. Also, there is a common misconception about F2P games - they are actually even more expensive and take longer to make than the type of game we are making.
Once again, please post any further questions in this topic! Thanks!
- Lorken, Bad_Dude, parupo1467 and 3 others like this
"The clever combatant looks to the effect of combined energy, and does not require too much from individuals." - Sun Tzu
Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:03 PM
Some steam-games are unavailable in my country. I thought ins2 will appear in Steam today
If you re-read the OP, it's not going to be avaliable for purchase through the Steam store until later in the year. Early Access can only be purchased through this website and then activated on Steam.
- vit_pnz and smutpeddler like this
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:29 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users