SUICIDAL

SUICIDAL

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

This is my Insurgency fan art...

New World Interactive Racing Team

These are 2 custom "Stock V8" skins that I created for Game Stock Car 2012.
If you own a copy of GSC 2012, you are welcome to download and use these skins.

You can download the skins here: http://www.odaly.com...gency_skins.zip

Extract to your GSC2012 root directory. It will replace the "Vogel Motorsports" team.
You may want to backup your "Vogel Motorsports" team folder first.

If you don't own a copy of "Game Stock Car 2012" and would like to get it, you can purchase the game here: http://www.game-stockcar.com.br/en/

You can click on an image to zoom in and hit your "Escape" key to zoom out.

0001.jpg

0002.jpg

0003.jpg

0004.jpg

0005.jpg

0006.jpg

0007.jpg

0008.jpg

0009.jpg

0010.jpg

• BofPlememum and SarahMiller like this

sound_pack_small.jpg reticle_pack_small.jpg

SUICIDAL

SUICIDAL

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
0011.jpg

0012.jpg

0013.jpg

0014.jpg

0015.jpg

0016.jpg

0017.jpg

stock_car_large.png
  • JBlum and eXnihilo like this

3pIcenTer

3pIcenTer

Operative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Looks pretty awesome ^^

"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear..."

SUICIDAL

SUICIDAL

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
Thanks.

This one looks even better...

I tipped these lovely ladies a little extra and asked that they soap it up nice and work really hard on the rims.

girls-gone-wash-wild-large.jpg

FUCK INSURGENCY 2

FUCK INSURGENCY 2

Operative

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Thanks.

This one looks even better...

I tipped these lovely ladies a little extra and asked that they soap it up nice and work really hard on the rims.

girls-gone-wash-wild-large.jpg

wait a minute. that's fake right?

• Rmerac likes this

SUICIDAL

SUICIDAL

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
It's real man. That's the official 2013 "Insurgency" stock car. Andrew and Jeremy are also a part time stock car drivers. That's why I made skins for GSC2012 that look just like their real cars, except my skins didn't come out as nice as the real cars.

FUCK INSURGENCY 2

FUCK INSURGENCY 2

Operative

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

It's real man. That's the official 2013 "Insurgency" stock car. Andrew and Jeremy are also a part time stock car drivers. That's why I made skins for the GSC2012 that look like just like their real cars, except my skins didn't come out as nice as the real cars.

Holy ********* I had no idea. I watched national/international sanctioned racing and WRC, so I don't pay attention to Nascar but that's pretty beast.

Vulcan200x

Vulcan200x

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Support

ryukolink

ryukolink

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Holy ********* I had no idea. I watched national/international sanctioned racing and WRC, so I don't pay attention to Nascar but that's pretty beast.

:blink:  :lol:

www.twitch.tv/ryukolink

"tao of tribe already known to u. challenge of understand tao of tribe is not 2 learn new truth, it is 2 forget old falsehood." © TAO

Heaven

Heaven

French Moderator

• Moderators
  • 109 posts

lmao haha

Holy shit I had no idea. I watched national/international sanctioned racing and WRC, so I don't pay attention to Nascar but that's pretty beast.

Feel free to add me ! :D

SarahMiller

SarahMiller

Grunt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Suicidal, that looks great.

I went to the Game Stock Car site, and saw the Photoshop templates you can download.

Can you tell me, once I make my own skin in Photoshop, what is the process to get it on a car? 

your zip file had a bunch of small .dds files.

how do you convert your file to that?

thanks for any help.

- Sarah

SUICIDAL

SUICIDAL

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

The car templates psd files have to be saved as dds files in Photoshop. Photoshop does not normally offer the ability to save files as dds, but you can download and install a plugin for Photoshop that will allow you to do so. You can download the plugin here: NVIDIA DDS Plugin for Photoshop

If you need my help with anything, it's easiest to get hold of me on XFire, I usually leave XFire running all day. Feel free to send me a friend request, my XFire name is "suicidal8000". I just finished painting a few other cars including an F1. The new GSC2013 is really great, most of the physics are improved. As far as racing sim go, there might be a few racing sims out there that offer better graphics, but Game Stock Car has them all beat when it comes to realistic physics and handling.

There are a few racing sim sites and forums out there that cater to racing sim users, but my favorite is http://www.racedepartment.com
Check it out. You can register with their forums, request a license, gain access to their dedicated severs and race with other people for fun or sign up for competition for a variety of different sims and vehicle classes. They also offer league racing and championship tournaments.

Here's a GSC2011 video that shows what a typical Race Department league race is like, they all use custom painted cars:

SarahMiller

SarahMiller

Grunt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks Suicidal for getting back to me.

I have just s couple questions.

1 - I'm on a mac and the nvidia plugin doesn't seem to work on the Mac Photoshop. (I have a PC to try the game  on). I found a program called graphic converter on the Mac that claims it can export .dds files, and people claim to have had success exporting car skins, so I think I will try that. However, is the exporting a .dds just as simple as having your photoshop file open and "saving as"? Your folder had a bunch of dds files, which I assume some were maybe for the driver, the helmet, the dashboard etc, but if I want to just get the exterior of the car done, do I just need to export 1 dds file and replace it? Or is there some sort of stitching and breaking apart that needs to happen?

2 - The whole reason I am doing this is I need almost the exact setup you show in your video, where I have 2 cars, with different custom skins, going around the track. I actually want to use it in a video I am making, so I just want "racing footage" from different angles. I've never played this particular racing game, so how did you do that? was it a 1 on 1 race against the computer? And how did you know which car you would race so you could skin them both and be matched against it?

3- Do you you have a cheap racing wheel recommendation? Thanks!

- S

SUICIDAL

SUICIDAL

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

After installing the dds plugin for Photoshop, you will then have the ability to choose "save as" and select dds format.

My folder had a bunch of dds files in it for each part of the car, but it is not necessary to create them all if you just want to focus on creating a custom external car body. If you only want to paint the body of the car, you could ignore all of the other template files and only work on the external body template and later replace the body of an existing car in the game with your new car body and continue to use their existing dds files for the other features like dashboard, windows, helmet, driver, etc. For example, you could open your game folder and browse to the folder containing the Red Bull racing team located here:

C:\Program Files\GSC2013\GameData\Vehicles\StockV8\Red Bull Racing

In that folder you will see the dds files for the 2 man Red Bull team. The 2 drivers are named Caca Bueno and Daniel Serra. The 2 external car body images are called CBueno.dds and DSerra.dds. If you use Windows, you can install a program called "Sage Thumbs" and it will allow you to see a preview thumbnail image of the dds and psd files in the folder as shown in the image below. Sage Thumbs is a great program and will really help you find a specific image fast when you are browsing through a folder loaded with many image files, you can get Sage Thumbs here: Download Sage Thumbs

sage_thumbs.jpg

Ok so let's say you just want to change the body paint job of Caca Bueno's Red Bull car and put your name on it.
First open the default Photoshop psd template file for the Chevy Stock V8 body "chev_body.psd" and make sure to select the top layer.

Then open the dds file for Caca Bueno's car body "CBueno.dds". You might first need to right click on the dds file and choose "Properties" and associate Photoshop as the program to open a dds file.

Once you have "CBueno.dds" open in Photoshop, right click on the background layer and choose "Duplicate" and a popup box will appear that offers the choice to duplicate the layer to another document, so select "chev_body.psd" from the drop menu and click "OK" and close the CBueno.dds file since you no longer need it open.

In the "chev_body.psd" you will now see a new layer on top showing Caca Bueno's car body. To change the name plates on the car to show your name, simply browse through the many layers and find the layer for the name plates and drag that layer to the top and it will cover up Caca's name and you can then create a new text layer above the name plate layer and type your own name. You can then save the file as a dds, but there are times when the dds plugin might cause Photoshop to crash, so it is always important to first save your new changes as a layered psd file called something like "NEW_chev_body_Layered.psd", then flatten all of the layers and save the file again as "NEW_chev_body_FLAT.psd", then save the file as a dds. If Photoshop crashes when you attempt to save as dds, simply open the flattened psd file that you recently saved and try again to save it as dds and it should not crash at all. When saving as dds, the plugin will flatten all of the layers, so it helps to manually flatten the image before saving as dds to save the plugin from the extra stress that can often cause the plugin to crash Photoshop.

When saving as dds, make sure to use these settings...

dds_plugin_settings.jpg

To answer your second question, I was racing 1 on 1 verse the computer in the video I posted above. I basically started a race and set it to have just 1 opponent and once the track loaded I basically just add random additional cars to the race until the car I want to race against is in the game, then I kick all of the other cars and start the race. The game offers a very sophisticated selection of cameras to use when spectating or when viewing a reply, but I just chose the normal "Tracking Camera" view for the replay since it acts exactly like the real life TV cameras used when the race is broadcasted live on TV. If you watch the league race video above, you can see how the many other cameras are used by the race announcer that spectates and the race professionally - a skill that requires much training in itself. If you want, you can actually allow an Ai to take control of your car, so you can record a movie of a race showing only the 2 custom cars you created and also allow the Ai to drive them both while you watch them race against each other, which allows you to simply spectate and use the many cameras and record a more professional grade TV movie. Another way to insure that only the 2 cars you want are used in the race is to temporarily remove all of the other Stock V8 team car folders from your game directory and in the game set it to be a 2 car race, then when the race starts it will always be the same 2 cars since they are the only 2 cars that exist.

lol, I just got your friend invite on XFire. I'm chatting with you right now, but I will finish this message fast and submit it anyway. To answer your third question, the steering wheel you just bought looks great. I just googled it. It should work just fine. You must be happy that it arrived fast. I can imagine you must be pretty excited right now. I will help you with anything you need :)

Here's a video I uploaded last night of my new custom skin and shows the custom car setup I created that improved my lap time by 3 seconds over the default car setup.

ĸosovi

ĸosovi

Spanish Moderator

• Moderators
  • 143 posts

good job man !

76561198021414348.png

Steam : Insurg3nT216

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Insurgency, New World Ineractive, Game Stock Car 2012, Custom Skins, Racing, Sim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users