• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

JBlum

JBlum

NWI Founder & Game Director

• Developer
  • 562 posts
  • New Content/Features
    • Updated Market, District, Ministry, Heights and Buhriz.
    • Added Contact_Coop, updated Market_Coop and District_Coop.
    • Updated ragdolls and Insurgent characters.
    • Added weight bar and slot names to the inventory UI.
    • Added optic upgrades for M249 and RPK.
    • Added +tacticalmap bind which is a hold bind for just the map on its own.
    • Mapcycle files can now specify a gamemode.
    • Added cvar mp_theater_override which allows you to override the theater that is loaded by the game. Useful for testing and custom server owners. Changing the value of this cvar adds a "customtheater" tag to your server and adds the name of the theater to the server tags.
  • Gameplay
    • Capturing with teammates increases the capture speed - the more teammates capturing the faster the capture.
    • Added Skirmish support to Heights and Buhriz.
    • Added new Battle gamerules where your team gets to move up if you own the middle point to allow for momentum to occur (Market and District currently supported).
    • Moving now unlocks you from bipod.
    • You can now toggle the bipod while reloading, also cancels the reload.
    • No longer able to fire a rocket while jumping.
    • If you still have remaining grenades, the grenade weapon will not be holstered as soon as you throw.
    • Tightened/improved the crashed UH-70 collision models, especially notable in Market and Uprising.
  • Bug Fixes
    • Fixed crash in AddDefaultConfig.
    • Fixed issue with changelevel sometimes reverting to the default gamemode for a map.
    • Removed the flipsights attachment. M16/4 will just get a flipsight when no optic is attached.
    • Flashlights no longer turn off during iron sight transition or reloading.
    • Lasers and flashlights can no longer be on the same weapon.
    • Fully automatic weapons no longer constantly dry fire.
    • Flashbang effects should show in first person spectate now.
    • Added zpos properties to both controls on the weapon image control so hopefully OS X will display them in the right order.
  • Bot Improvements
    • Bots are now hooked up to our new response rules system, occasionally saying things based on what is going on.
    • Bots now attack and suppress in a more random, less repetitive frequency.
    • Bots now attack when investigating and their investigation behavior is a little less predictable.. they will sometimes hold back and observe instead of investigating each gunshot or friendly death.
    • Bot reaction time / attack delay is now based on distance.. so if they are further away, they will need to settle their aim for a little longer before attacking.
    • Improved bot footstep hearing functionality.. now you can sneak up on bots by being in crouched or iron sights (both is even better). Sprinting also allows them to hear you from further away.
    • Bots now check if a nav area has another bot or a static prop in it before proceeding.. reducing cases of clumping up and bots getting stuck.
    • Bots no longer spawn floating pistols when they die.
    • Improved capture functionality so bots don't stop and start staring at the ground so much.
    • The last two bots alive in Hunt will now find the closest human player and investigate instead of remaining idle waiting to be discovered.
    • Bots now attack and have some idea of where to go in PVP modes.
  • Misc. / Optimization
    • Added mat_scope_viewport_scale and mat_scope_render_quality to allow people to optimize their 3d scopes. Viewport scale scales the rendering viewport of the scope renderer and render quality controls the resolution of the scope render target. These settings can be modified in video settings.
    • Fixed sprint/crawl animations interrupting the pullback animation.
    • Removed minimum players required to vote in coop.
    • Lowered % votes required to pass an idle kick vote, since it's not a ban and they can simply rejoin.
    • Votes that are not team-based (e.g. idle and team killing) no longer need votes from both teams in order to pass in PVP since the other team may have no idea what is occurring.
    • Coop games will always be advertised as having the lobby size as the max players.
    • Checkpoint (coop) now has a default max bot count of 22, however this value can be modified in "server_checkpoint_normal.cfg" and "server_checkpoint_realism.cfg" in the "cfg" folder.
    • Removed the server warning "Attempted to create unknown entity type %s!".

** UPDATE - Hot Fix Released - 9/10/13 at 7pm PST**

• Fixed issue with Skirmish on Market and District where players were spawning in the forward spawn when they shouldn't be.

• Snuffeldjuret, Xorr, Vulcan200x and 4 others like this

Jeremy Blum

New World Interactive

ĸosovi

ĸosovi

Spanish Moderator

• Moderators
  • 143 posts

i'am testing it , wow the best upadte ever :D

76561198021414348.png

Steam : Insurg3nT216

eXnihilo

eXnihilo

Developer

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Coop has improved a ton and is really fun and challenging now.

I like that the bot chatter is server side so the players hear the same bots say the same thing.

Could make some really cool missions with this and the theater system!

Edited by eXnihilo, 10 September 2013 - 07:57 PM.

Snuffeldjuret

Snuffeldjuret

• Moderators
  • 1,616 posts
    • Tightened/improved the crashed UH-70 collision models, especially notable in Market and Uprising.

Awesome!

personalsig2Snuff.jpg

Vulcan200x

Vulcan200x

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

good good

Xorr

Xorr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
    • Mapcycle files can now specify a gamemode.

How is the syntax for this? Just e.g. 'market battle'?

JBlum

JBlum

NWI Founder & Game Director

• Developer
  • 562 posts

How is the syntax for this? Just e.g. 'market battle'?

Yep without the quotes. See mapcycle.txt.

Jeremy Blum

New World Interactive

ryukolink

ryukolink

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

hmm...

I'm all for coop but I'd love to see more content in terms of new stuff rather than tweaks, new maps and new weapons or a new game mode SnD or VIP.

deadpixel has stated multiple times a new UI is coming, can't wait to see that either

optimizations are always nice but yeah...

www.twitch.tv/ryukolink

"tao of tribe already known to u. challenge of understand tao of tribe is not 2 learn new truth, it is 2 forget old falsehood." © TAO

MiniMe

MiniMe

Grunt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Great update although haven't been able to play in like a week (playing with friends in other games and school work) i'll hopefully be able to play later this week! A bit upset that i can't play without flipsights anymore. Keep up the good work though!

2jzo

2jzo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

I really like the new Insurgent model addition with their lbv. Looks nice =D new updates to the 3 maps are awesome too. Good stuff. 

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."

Buttikeks

Buttikeks

Operative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

game crashes everytime i press the button for buying weapons/upgrades ("changeinventory")

Firefight? No thx!

HTF

HTF

Commando

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Good patch except there is a Linux Dedicated server crash again in checkpoint.

Dead.Pixel

Dead.Pixel

UI Artist

• Developer
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

hmm...

I'm all for coop but I'd love to see more content in terms of new stuff rather than tweaks, new maps and new weapons or a new game mode SnD or VIP.

deadpixel has stated multiple times a new UI is coming, can't wait to see that either

optimizations are always nice but yeah...

New content takes time, but we must be sure to polish what we do have as well. Though, Market is starting to look like an entirely new map! 

zandor

zandor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

hammer is not working after this last update :unsure:

nevermind

Edited by zandor, 11 September 2013 - 12:25 AM.

SUICIDAL

SUICIDAL

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

I'm still testing it out. I like the update. There are a lot of cool new features.

I am mostly concerned about coop mode.

I also started a new thread regarding "Single Player" here: http://www.playinsur...-single-player/

sound_pack_small.jpg reticle_pack_small.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users