30 replies to this topic

JBlum

JBlum

NWI Founder & Game Director

• Developer
  • 562 posts
  • Features
    • Updated maps: Heights, Contact, Ministry, Market and Siege
    • Added new Checkpoint missions for Heights, District, Ministry and Market (coop).
    • Updated Outpost modes on District and Heights (coop).
    • Added new weapon to the game: AKS-74U.
    • Added new recoil features - vibration and weighting. Vibration improves the feel of firing the weapon while the weighting system allows recoil to properly simulate the weight of the weapon, settling a bit at the end of a burst. The result is a much more natural feeling for recoil.
    • Skirmish updated with weapon caches that allow your team to gain waves when capturing. Destroy your enemy’s and they will run out of reinforcements faster.
    • Strike updated with limited reinforcements and objective discovery feature.
    • Firefight updated with weapon caches added, which behave just like the other objectives, except they can’t be re-captured.
    • Search and Destroy updated to essentially be to Strike what Firefight is to Skirmish - essentially a one-life Strike mode. Players on both teams respawn any time a cache is destroyed. Destroying all the caches is one way to win, another is to eliminate the enemy team.
    • Added Achievement system into the game. You may now unlock an achievement on your first kill and your first capture on a server with more than 10 human players. This is just the beginning and more of a test than anything. Stats are next.
    • Updated and added several new particle FX.
    • Custom theaters can now be downloaded from servers.
  • Stability Improvements
    • Reduced client-side crashing caused by particle and DSP systems.
    • Fixed a server crash related to bots being unable to properly path to a player.
  • Gameplay Improvements
    • There is no longer a distinction between Normal and Realism. By default now death messages are disabled, friendly fire is enabled, and you can’t see how many dead players there are on the enemy team.
    • Added class restrictions into the game so that each class has a more defined purpose.
    • Adjusted the squad structure in the game so that there is one 8 person squad and 2 smaller 4 person teams. This allows players to more easily coordinate using VOIP.
    • Supply is now distributed at the end of the round instead of throughout it, so the player will feel more inclined to take care of their customization at the beginning of each round instead of throughout the duration of it.
    • Supply gain is now calculated differently. In the new calculation at the end of the round the better players of the winning team are awarded with 3 supply, the worse players on the winning team as well as the best players on the losing team are awarded with 2 supply, and the worst players on the losing team are awarded with 1 supply. These are server-side convars that can be modified (mp_supply_rate_losing_team_high, mp_supply_rate_losing_team_low, mp_supply_rate_winning_team_high, mp_supply_rate_winning_team_low).
    • Added asymmetrical supply costs for game items. Security has cheaper equipment and weapon upgrades, while Insurgents get cheaper weapons and AP ammo.
    • Dropped C4 and grenades can now be picked up and swapped out.
    • Increased capture times, but increased the teammate speedup if you are capturing with friendlies.
    • Suppression now has a toned down blurring effect but increases your sway.
    • You can now sprint in restricted areas.
    • Reduced the minimum players for 2 extraction points in VIP from 14 to 10.
    • Added new extraction icon for VIP.
    • Added gameplay hints at the beginning of each round throughout most of the modes in the game.
    • C4 no longer reacts to bullets.
    • In Checkpoint you now get a health bonus when you capture an objective and respawn your team (half way between your current health and your max health).
    • Bot difficulty in Checkpoint now scales between 2 and 3. It starts at 2 then goes to 3 after your team wins once.
    • Increased the bot difficulty to 3 in Hunt.
  • Fixes
    • Fixed baseball slide animation.
    • Player slide is now stopped when a player goes off an edge.
    • Recoil is now fully consistent on the client and server. No more high latency recoil oddities.
    • Attack and defend kills are now calculated properly, and now an extra bonus is given if both you and your enemy are both within a contested capture zone.
    • Smoke grenade particles now use an origin follow on the smoke grenade entity to fix cases of smoke grenade exploiting and the effect spawning in the wrong place.
    • In VIP when you reach an extraction point it no longer displays capture progress (it’s treated as a waypoint instead of a capture point).
    • Fixed the length of the gradient objective display background when the wave counter is not use.
    • Fixed stance bounding box prediction so you can slide under garage doors in Market for instance without any “rubberbanding.”
    • Weapon selection is predicted properly by the client now so weapon selection is no longer ping-dependent.
    • Weapon attachments and the laser sight shouldn’t randomly appear when switching weapons anymore.
    • Many props with bad collision models have been fixed.
    • Fixed crash with give_upgrade auto-complete.
    • Fixed animation T-pose due to players leaning with RPG.
    • Fixed arms getting all messed up when you shoot an LMG prone bipod in third person.

• Snuffeldjuret, Xorr, KusoVita and 8 others like this

Jeremy Blum

New World Interactive

louiscardinal

louiscardinal

Operative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • There is no longer a distinction between Normal and Realism. By default now death messages are disabled, friendly fire is enabled, and you can’t see how many dead players there are on the enemy team.
  • Added class restrictions into the game so that each class has a more defined purpose.

These just made my day. You guys are awesome.

skcire09

skcire09

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Wow... NICE update, and some really cool stuff here especially all the game modes updates.

Dylan

Dylan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Absolutely glorious.  I'll be playing this right after work tommorow.

Best changes of the update, in my opinion.

fipg.jpg

Jihad

Jihad

Why won't you tell us how to use theaters?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

I just woke uo like 30 seconds ago. Am I seeing theaters or is it just that I can't ever see when I wake up because I need glasses?

johnwayneb.jpg

Goucho

Goucho

Operative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

.................. added push to all stock maps <------ oooops was dreaming ;)

• Xorr likes this

logogif-1.png

Now recruiting for Insurgency

jSharp

jSharp

Commando

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

My server has been updated now. Gonna be bringing it online. Thanks for the update! Very happy to see this.

Haarfagr

Haarfagr

Commando

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Great! :D Finally class restriction! Good update!

ackljuc

ackljuc

Commando

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
I just love you guys

junkz

junkz

Operative

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
Sweet!

b_350_20_5A6C3E_383F2D_D2E1B5_2E3226.png

kamk

kamk

sup?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Two minor questions:

Achievements don't seem to work (for everyone)?

The strike caches are either inconsistent or bugged - do i need 1 or 2 C4? Seems like 1 on most maps, but 2 on Market.

Quite a lovely update! 

- Rent this space! -  

Hummer

Hummer

Grunt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

add rolling move in right and left in prone

skcire09

skcire09

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

add rolling move in right and left in prone

That' would be pretty nice actually. It doesn't even have to be a full roll, just roll onto your side which gives you a better angle when you are prone behind cover. The compromise would be that you would be aiming at 45 + degrees.

• Spiritreader likes this

Dex

Dex

Grunt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Wow, Nice one! I'm gonns run it and try...  :ph34r:

Snuffeldjuret

Snuffeldjuret

• Moderators
  • 1,616 posts

<3 being able to turn off the supply gain (if I understood it correctly). Will make it more convenient and fun to play scrims/matches =).

Will be interesting to try out 5on5 VIP now with 2 extraction points.

personalsig2Snuff.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users